Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our Christmas

Christmas Eve was spent with my parents, opening their gifts, watching White Christmas, and chowing down on cookies, sausage and cheese, eggnog, and hot cocoa (ugh!  I’m full all over again just thinking about it!)  Surprisingly enough, we went to bed at a fairly decent hour.

Unfortunately, I woke up at about 5 am, feeling absolutely miserable.  I got up to get some water, hoping that I just had a dry, scratchy throat, but sure enough I just began to feel worse with every passing hour!  That aside, we had a great Christmas morning!

The older boys woke up at 6, along with Mom, Dad, and Grandma.  Sweetheart Girl wasn’t too far behind, and we woke the twins at about 6:30.  We were hoping that since we woke them up early, they would nap early so we could make it to dinner that afternoon at my grandpa’s.  It worked!

Grandpa was also feeling sick, and I didn’t have the heart to wake Twinkle, so we let them sleep.  I guess it’s kind of wrong to do Christmas in shifts, but that’s what we did!

By Saturday evening, I was sooo sick, and I had to go to bed.  Daddy-Man was SUPER Daddy-Man and gave everyone their baths and got everyone into bed.  Not only that, he got everyone ready for church the next morning while I slept away!  No kidding, that’s not a small feat for a pastor on Sunday morning!

I pretty much stayed in bed all day Sunday, but by Monday morning most of the achiness was gone.  Sweetheart Girl got strep Monday, and I’m fairly positive that’s what I’ve got, too, so we’ll see if it passes on down the line!

No comments:

Post a Comment