Monday, January 7, 2013

White Christmas

That’s right- we weren’t dreaming- we were in it!  My family was blessed to spend Christmas and New Year’s in Colorado Springs, and we had a fabulous time!

My brother and sister-in-love just moved there in September and I also have an aunt (we stayed at her house), so my parents, my sister and her family, and us (we?) all trekked out there since it’s pretty much in the middle of everyone.  This was the first time since all of us have been married and have had children that we’ve all been together.

Colorado Springs has a ton of stuff to do!  We definitely weren’t bored.  We explored the Air Force Academy, the Garden of the Gods, Focus on the Family, Seven Falls, the mall and other shopping areas (of course!), the Olympic Training Center, and we rode the Cog Railway 2/3rds of the way up Pikes Peak (it had snowed the night before and the train couldn’t get any higher up).  We also played in the snow and had plenty of down time.

Over the next few days, I’ll share some pictures and details.  Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment