Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Big Kitty, Little Kitties

We have kittens!  Okay, the stray cat that lives in our back yard has kittens.  Three, in fact.

We got home from our trip to Show Low Monday afternoon.  I asked Hero to let Putt-Putt in and get him some fresh water (poor dog stayed home all by himself!), and sure enough, he saw the kittens.


We went out to see them, and they were so cute!  They could not have been more than a couple hours old- if that many! 


Mama cat had made her bed on the towel bed I left for Putt-Putt, and 2 kittens were there.  One (the all-black one) was lying on the other side of the concrete porch.  We thought he was dead, but when Daddy-man picked him up, he was alive.  I'm not sure how it works, if Mama had rejected that one and kicked him out, but we put him back in the bed with his brothers/sisters.  So far, he's doing alright.


So what am I going to do with these kitties?!  I made a little bed in a box- I don't have the heart to get rid of them yet!  In 6-8 weeks, we'll try to find homes for them or take them to the shelter.  It's sooo tempting to keep one, but I do not want an outdoor cat, and I'm not willing to spend the cash on fixing and de-clawing to bring one in...


So in the meantime, I'm curious to see how things go with the kitties.  I'm hoping to do a little real-life learning with the kiddos, and I think this could be quite an experience for them!




SO CUTE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment