Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Conversation with Awesome McAwesome

Awesome McAwesome has a bad habit- he bites his nails.  In fact, I can’t remember the last time I had to clip his nails!  The problem is that I don’t ever see him do it.  Here is how our conversation went last week:

Me: McAwesome, when do you bite your nails because I never see you do it?

McAwesome: Umm, usually on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.

Me: No, I mean when during the day, silly?

McAwesome: Oh!  Well, usually about 16 times in the morning, 10 times in the afternoon, and 30 times at night.

There’s a little insight into how my boy’s mind works…slightly scary, huh?!  He’s so funny, and  we really never know what he’s going to say next!

So about a week and a half ago, I posted a little calendar on the fridge, on which he gets to mark each day that he doesn’t bite his nails.  It’s really based on the honor system- but if his nails don’t grow, I’ll know he’s been lying!  If he makes seven days, he earns a little prize.

He’s already made his first seven days (and his nails are a little longer!).  He’s working on his next seven days now- and he says his nails are sooooo long, it’s getting really hard not to bite them!  In reality, his nails aren’t quite long enough to warrant clipping them yet!

I hear conflicting reports on whether it takes 21 days or 28 days to make or break a habit, so I’m just going to shoot for a whole month!

1 comment:

  1. You have a beautiful family. My baby turned 1 on the 23rd of October. We have 5 children..ranging from 11 years to 1 year old.

    ReplyDelete