Monday, April 4, 2011

An Update

Well, I’ve been busy and in the midst of early pregnancy woes, so I haven’t felt like blogging in a quite a while!  So here’s a quick update:

Pregnancy: By the end of this week I will officially be in my second trimester!  I’ve been dealing with typical first trimester stuff- all-day nausea, exhaustion, and the general feeling of apathy towards anything that seems unnecessary and expends too much energy!  However, I really can’t complain, because I certainly know many women who have it much worse, and I myself have felt worse in previous pregnancies!  And I forgot to mention…there’s only one baby this time!

School: McAwesome finished his schoolwork last week, and Hero has just a few lessons to complete this week.  Hero will be done today or tomorrow!  They are, of course, very happy, and I am slightly concerned that this will be too long of a break before we are able to begin next year (our summers are always very busy!).  I can already see signs of boredom so I’ll have to stay on top of that.  The reason that we picked up the pace to get done this early is…

We’re Moving: I haven’t blogged about this yet, but it’s been in the works for several months now.  The house we’ve rented for the past 5 years is up for sale, and (long story, short) we’ve found a wonderful home to rent that is almost bought.  However, it’s a foreclosure house, and apparently the bank just doesn’t care if they get around to selling it!  We were supposed to close March 15th, then it was delayed to the end of March.  We were supposed to close last Friday, but the bank had still not sent the paperwork to the title company!  Grrrr!!  Supposedly, we’ll get it this Friday, but I’m not holding my breath.  We don’t have to be out of our current home until the end of May, but the new place needs a bit of clean-up work first, so we’d like some lee-way time!  Well, more on the house later…

Weekend Getaway: My husband and I are leaving this Thursday to visit some missionary friends in Arivechi, Mexico.  We’ll be bringing them some supplies, and they have some special events over the weekend.  The kids will spend the night with our close friends on Thursday, and my parents will come get them for the weekend.  We’re very excited to get some time together, and it’s been ages since I’ve been able to go visit and help in any kind of mission work- something that was vital to bringing my husband and I together in the first place!

Well, that covers the basics!  I’m slowly starting to feel better so hopefully I will keep up a little better from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment