Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Activities in Arizona

I have pretty much only lived in Hawaii and Arizona my entire life, so in my mind, I’ve trumped up fall to be the most beautiful time of the year, knowing full well that if I had to rake a yard full of leaves every other day, I might not be so enthused!

So this week, we are adding a bit of artificial fall to our home.  To start, we needed at least one piece of fall decor.  I’m pretty cheap, so I went to Dollar Tree last week to see what I could find.

100_3846[1] A fake pumpkin and two pathetic little flower arrangements are about to become $3 well-spent.

First, carve out the top of the pumpkin.  Remove the flowers from the ugly plastic pots, and use the styrofoam to stuff the pumpkin.

100_3848[1] Arrange the flowers and…voila!

100_3853[1] A pretty new accent piece for my piano!

100_3965[1] 

Tomorrow, we’re going to jump in our own little pile of leaves!  Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment